This is what Laelia’s room looked like yesterday morning (and this morning, minus the crib). We got her big girl bed (an old twin mattress of Tyler’s and a bed my parents had) almost 2 weeks ago, and we finally moved her crib to storage (a.k.a Beth’s shed, after we helped her reorganize them!) yesterday afternoon. I started work on rearranging things around 11am this morning……And this is where I stopped around 8:30 pm today. It’s come a long way! I think I have the basic layout of the room down.
There is still a ton of work to do, but I think I’ll know the direction now I have more of a vision of where things will be placed! Here’s a quick, short checklist:
- Paint! If we don’t just touch up, I’m thinking a pale gray
- The nightstands and the bed are getting a makeover
- If we don’t get a new chair, this yellow chair will finally get it’s makeover (which is overdue).
- A new twin quilt for Laelia is in the works (okay, it’s still in my head, but it will happen).
- Artwork artwork artwork! I need to rehang some artwork, but I think there is a lot more room for frames in this room, so yay!
- shallow shelfs for books
- Either significantly reorganize toys in the Expedit, or replace toy storage. (methinks we need more storage)
- Move my dresses out of her closet (waahhh)
- Replace/remove dwell studio dresser. The top is all damaged from the changing pad buckles, which is really annoying…
I’ll be posting the official before photos at some point, but I thought it would be fun to share my progress today! :D What do you think?!