Today’s post comes from a place of annoyance that I haven’t been keeping up with blogging as much as I’d like to, but that is because of a few reasons:
- Editing my wedding photos is a much bigger project than I expected. No it’s not. I expected it to be a huge project, but it’s just taking a long time, and I wish it wouldn’t. I think it’s about an hour per photo! I bet a lot of photo editors use a lot of actions or something, but I just like to have more control than that. I wanted them done by our anniversary, and that woooshed by. Now I’d really just hope I can have them done by the end of June. That being said, does it all need to be one post? Idk.
- My new-to-me camera is in the shop. I bought it 3 weeks ago, and it’s been giving me error 99 messages, and I finally drove down to the walk up Canon service center in Irvine yesterday (I’d like the 4.5 hours of driving time back, plz. Thanks. It’s less than 60 miles from my house! Yeesh). The lens doesn’t do error 99 w/ other bodies. The body doesn’t do error 99 w/ other lenses. Only when together. Hopefully they figure it out. But I can’t finish my DIY tissue tassel garland until I get my camera back. :(
- I’ve been doing all sorts of paperwork and legal stuff to get our finances in order. Getting official documents, (finally!) changing my name, new bank accounts on the horizon…. You know, all the boring stuff that comes w/ being a “responsible” adult.
- We may or may not be moving. For a little bit more money (and a move north of Ventura Blvd. & west of the 405) we might be able to get a lot more bang for our buck. If it all works out, there will be a lot of posts about new rooms and new projects here, I can assure you. :)
- I’ve been sleeping at night. This totally affects my blogging because typically I work on photos and designs and blog posts between the hours of 11pm and 4am. However, I’m not exactly upset about sleeping at night. I’ve struggled w/ insomnia off and on my whole life.
- My husband and I have been playing our old favorite MMORPG (FFXI) in an effort to spend more time interacting w/ each other. We both love video games (we met when we were working as testers), and we have always agreed that sitting on a couch watching TV is not something you really do as a team. But playing a game like this requires a lot of cooperation and communication, and we’ve been playing it together for almost SIX years! It’s probably strange to someone who doesn’t play video games, but this is very nostalgically romantic for us, lol.
- Laelia is getting to an age where she needs lots of activities. She frequently holds on to the front or back door and whines until we can go outside… We’ve been having a lot more little day trips lately. :) We also renewed our Disneyland season passes, and have been 4 times in the last month!
So, really, it’s just the typical juggle of family and house and personal needs. But I don’t expect to ever abandon this blog, so even if I’m absent a few weeks, I guess there is always something brewing behind the scenes. I think I should also open myself up to blogging more about the things that inspire me again.
Anyway, here’s a few photos of what I’m working on and what I have been up to. There can’t be a post w/o photos! :)
[…] I wasn’t expecting to stay in this apartment this long. I know I mentioned in an earlier post that we might be moving to a 3 bedroom house, but that blew up very spectacularly in our faces, […]