Laelia hit 20 months of breathing on Saturday. This last month she has started really taking off with her language:
At 20 months Laelia:
– identifies anything that is blue. She also calls anything that is turquoise or aqua “blue”. Since our house is full of turquoise objects, she is constantly saying “bluuueeee”.
– obeys simple commands. She puts away her toys when asked and throws things away when asked. She even will bring me my cellphone if I ask her!
– can identify “A” and “O”. She likes to sing her own version of the ABCs and 123s; it goes something like this: “A, O, T, 2, E, C, O, I, B, 9, etc, etc”.
– says “‘sat?”. She’s been saying this for maybe 6 mos. It was definitely one of her first sounds. I only just figured out that she is saying “what’s that?”!
– prefers to eat soup, and does so quite well.
– has definitely weaned. 18.5 mos it is.
– has started to be unable to leave the house with out her stuffed Minnie. Is that okay? I don’t know.
– will tickle you. She scrunches up her hands near you and says “tiga-tiga-tiga!”. It feels more like scratching, but it’s adorable!
– understands play time more. Specifically she knows that the word “get” means a chase is about to ensue!
– asks for “halp”.
– said “I’m sorry”.
– has started to color in small spirals instead of large swoops. Our walls are now covered with tiny rows of spirals! It’s actually pretty neat looking…